Tarpomatic is a multi-award winning Automatic Tarping Machine that is currently used at over 600 landfills worldwide. It is a patented, self-contained unit that attaches to the blade of a dozer or compactor to unroll and retrieve heavy duty tarpaulins.
Tarpomatic tarpaulins are manufactured from high quality 340 gsm woven polyethylene fabric treated with an antibacterial coating and weighted with chains to withstand winds of up to 100km/hour. They are also flame retardant, carry the highest UV rating and are impermeable, keeping odours in and water out.
The Automatic Tarping Machine (ATM) uses a hydraulic drive motor and engaging system to unwind and rewind the tarp spool with variable speed control. Each spool can cover up to 702 m² (each spool can hold up to 3 x 234 m² tarps) and spools may be connected and disconnected easily using a single ATM to cover an unlimited active face area.
The equipment operator has complete control of the ATM from the cabin, controlling the engine, height of the spool, deodorising system (optional) and forward or reverse rolling via a remote control. Using the equipment’s own capabilities, the operator also has control over the ATM’s height and tilt for even tracking when winding or unwinding a tarp over uneven terrain.
Tarpomatic is the preferred Alternative Daily Cover system used around the world for the following reasons:
- Saves valuable air space and improves compaction – Extending the life of your landfill thus producing more revenue over a longer period of time.
- Reduces odour, dust and the risk of fires – Odour and dust are by far the two biggest complaints arising from landfill operations. Tarpomatic’s tarpaulins sit directly on the waste restricting air flow between the cover and the waste which reduces odour emissions, dust, and the risk of fires. The optional deodorising system also helps to alleviate odour issues by spraying an odour control solution directly onto the waste on retrieval.
- Fast and easy operation – Saves you costly staff hours and ever increasing fuel costs. With one machine and one operator a 234 m² chain weighted tarpaulin can be deployed in less than five minutes and retrieval is even quicker.
- Enhances workplace safety – The operator remains within the dozer or compactor cabin away from the hazardous area and with an unobstructed view of the work area. There are also no messy chemicals to mix.
- The tarpaulins will contour to any terrain, slope or undulations – The workface does not need to be finished perfectly flat and the system allows you to work around landfill infrastructure such as gas and leachate pipes and environmental monitoring points.
- Improved leachate and gas management – Less soil in your landfill means that there is a better bond of waste, helping leachate to percolate through each lift stopping leachate purging and improving gas capture. The impermeable tarpaulins also minimise storm water runoff into waste, reducing leachate generation and treatment.
- Longevity – Tarpomatic ATM’s have been proven to last for more than a decade and tarpaulins only need to be replaced every three to five years.
- Ongoing customer support and training – Tarpomatic Australia will work with you to ensure you get the most benefit out of your equipment. We are available on-call to provide support and training whenever you need it.