OHSE RequirementsTarpomatic Video
Compactor / Dozer Hook-up and Start-up
- Check all fluids. Line Compactor / Dozer blade up with ATM bracket and proceed forward until the blade of Compactor / Dozer is in front of the backside of ATM lifting bracket. Do not lift.
- On older models the control box for the ATM can be wired directly to the tarp machine.
- The control box is wireless on the newer models.
- Put control box into the cab of the Compactor / Dozer.Turn ignition switch to the left, hold for 6 seconds and then start.
- The engine has a 6 second quick glow plug. Do not hold longer (see Engine Manual for details).
- The hydraulic drive system is electrically activated by toggle switches on the control box.
- Tube rotation, forward and reverse, is on the same toggle switch as marked.
- Raising and lowering of the spool carrying arms is on the same toggle switch as marked.
- The drive motor shaft is engaged and disengaged from the tarp spool via a toggle switch located by the drive motor.
- To hook up to the tarp spool, line up ATM with spool and proceed forward with carrier arms down.
- Raise the carrier arms when the spool is centered.
- Pull down and lock into place the top hold downs on both ends.
- Next, hold drive shaft in line with spool while activating toggle switch to put shaft into tarp spool.
- Lift up the Compactor / Dozer blade to lift up ATM.
- To unhook from tarp spool, reverse the above procedure.
Covering/ Uncovering Procedure
- Drive ATM to the top of the working face.
- Deploy tarp by activating hydraulic drive motor and simultaneously backing up Compactor / Dozer until working face is covered.
- Hook up to ATM and drive forward while simultaneously activating hydraulic drive motor to roll tarp up.
- If tarp is not rolling up straight, tilt the dozer blade to straighten out tarp tracking.
- Avoid getting a lot of slack in the tarp so that the tarp is wrapped on the tube uniformly.